Thursday 12 November 2009

ideal dominant experience

I know I have discussed this before but since I was discussing the subject again last night with my good friend Stephen Lewis I shall discuss it again today. I have felt under the weather to day (womens issues) so I have curled up on the sofa to watch my favourite films. The Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon. Now many of my kinky girlfriends are into Alan Rickman in the character of professor Snape as an ideal dominant or Jonny Depp as captain Jack Sparrow but for me it will always be Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal Lecter. Quiet and composed is the man with monstrously high IQ. Not only that but you would not dare to be rude to the man would you?! Mr Hopkins himself would make a great Dom as he is also highly intelligent (he has even written a symphony) has a wonderful accent and always slightly scares me when I see him on screen! So gentlemen and ladies are you into others such as professor Snape or are you out there with me liking someone quite different?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Pope? Sorry, highly irreverent, but I was Catholic.

I'd relish a serious flogging from Sam Elliot and John Wayne.

I'd accept playful spanks from Denny Crane (Shatner) and Alan Shore (Spader) on their Boston Legal balcony over scotch and cigars.

Leia-Ann Woods said...

No worries noodles you may be as irreverent as you like here!

Stephen Lewis said...

LOL. You just can't help yourself can you.

I will bow down to your surperior insight as to Hopkins as a Dom but as far as Hanniball Lector goes...... Brian Cox/Manhunter better than Hopkins/Silence Of The Lambs.

One day the world will realise I'm right!!

MarQe said...

I only occasionally switch and then only for a suitably attractive and strict Headmistress ! However the actress who plays 'Connie beacham' ... Amanda Mealing in BBC's awful Holby City could take me across her knee any old time she pleases !!

Leia-Ann Woods said...

Stephen-you will not be and cannot be right on that issue. Manhunter got too much wrong wrt to the book and a person to play Hannibal must be seriously bright. Hopkins is seriously bright. He is a polymath.

Marque-you are right. Her voice coupled with her commanding nature is really quite sexy. This must be why I tune in every week!

TomT said...

At the risk of going off at a tangent, how about Jodie Foster's Clarice Starling as the ultimate submissive. And, in the book (rather than the film) where she is living with Lecter, there is a delicious sentence describing their fulfilled sex life, with an oblique hint at darkness: something like, "activities, most of which involve the pentration of Clarice's body by Lecter" (Sorry, paraphrasing like mad there, but I remember reading it over and over!)
Tom

Leia-Ann Woods said...

TomT - yes Jodie Foster played the part of CS amazingly. Though in Hannibal (where in the book she and Hannibal end up together) CS is played by Julienne Moore I think, but you are right Jodie would have done it better!

TomT said...

I must dig 'Hannibal' out and read the final pages and find the exact quote. It so carefully hinted at a dom/sub/top/bottom relationship between Lecter and Clarice.

Of course it could just be my perverse and perverted mind misinterpreting it!

Leia-Ann Woods said...

TomT - no you are right. It did hint at a dom sub relationship between the two, I was talking more about the difference in the performances of jodie foster and julianne moore. But yes the final chapters of Hannibal do hint of dominance and submission.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...