Wednesday 27 April 2016

Maid for a fall

Working in a house of high standing is likely to make any maid nervous and I am no exception.  One afternoon the butler makes a pass at me, something I am horrified by and shun publicly, leaving the butler very red-faced indeed.  No one likes to be publicly humiliated.  Unfortunately for me this is a man who bears a grudge and I soon find out just what lengths he is prepared to go to in order to make me sorry for what I have done to him....

Just a week later I am called before the master of the house, usually a genial man, I saw nothing to worry about until I entered the morning room.  The man looks furious and proceeds to accuse me of stealing some of his highly prized silver-ware.  I am horrified.  I have never stolen anything in my life.  I try to protest my innocence but it all falls on deaf ears as it transpires the offending items were found hidden within my quarters....by non-other than the butler.  Now I fall in to what has happened.  This man, who has all the power in the world over me has decided to drop me in it with the master of the house and he knows just how the master likes to deal with such things...

The master gives me the option to leave, knowing full well that without references I will struggle to get another position in any other household, or to take a punishment he has formulated.  I struggle with the decision but decide on the punishment.  Nodding and smiling the master instructs me to remove my uniform down to my bloomers and under-garments and follow him to the main hall.  To my horror the entire staff has been called and I see a bench placed 'centre stage'.  frightened now I beg and plead, even trying to explain what happened with the butler, but that only serves to infuriate the master further.  He instructs me to bend over the bench and asks the butler to hold me down as punishment for my 'false claims'.  I cannot bear to have the odious man look right into my eyes but I am left with little option.  Picking up a fearsome looking crop the master proceeds to beat me with it.  It is not long before I am writhing in pain and crying out, but nothing stops the strokes finding my now very sore bottom.  I can see the butler is enjoying my punishment and humiliation immensely but I am unable to hide my torment from him.  Crying now, the punishment stops.  However, my humiliation is to continue as the master instructs the butler to fetch a chair...

The master has me stand on the chair, my red bottom exposed for all to say and asks the butler to place a sign around my neck, the word 'thief' written on it.  Mortified at my humiliation and my unjust punishment I cannot help but let more tears flow.  The master tells me I am to stand there all day without a break as a deterrent to the rest of the staff.  All I can hope is the master doesn't have any visitors that day.  That would be a humiliation beyond which I could bear....

I hope you enjoyed reading this folks!  Do let me know if you did!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...