Sunday 10 May 2009

Phrases that irritate me...

"No good deed goes unpunished". Most "good" deeds come with an agenda from the person doing said good deed. We are afterall human and the selfish gene reigns supreme. Mostly.

"Love conquers all". So why are we still at war then? It never has never will. Not from where I stand anyway...

"when one door shuts another door opens". Right. Well in my life (and probably yours too) I find that when one door shuts another one falls off it's hinges.

When I have been in a pub waiting for a friend someone (unfortunately generally a guy who has not really thought that just saying hello will get a much nicer and more pleasant response) walks up to me saying "What is a pretty young woman doing sitting drinking all by herself?". My last response (in pure frustration, both at the guy and the friend who was yet again late leaving me in this position) was "I have been waiting for someone like you to ask me that damned stupid question". I know how rude of me. I guess I should be punished....!

And finally, the most irritating of all "At least you've got your health". Right. Of course. I forgot about that!!!

Sorry, been a dodgy week so I am not feeling like a little ray of sunshine today....but I am sure that will change....soon

5 comments:

Adrian Hardhand said...

Hello Leia

There's only one way to expunge negativity.

That's right! You guessed corr4ectly! A memorably sore bottom, the universal panacea.

prepare yourself and take down your knickers!

A well-thrashed arse is a thing of beauty...

Yrs in pervery, Adrian

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

"All you've got to do is...." No that's never ALL that has to be done, there are another million things to do and someone wants to find time for something else. Baa Humbug.

Prefectdt

Leia-Ann Woods said...

Lol, not being negative Adrian....just irritated by a life where all I have been taught about Karma (I follow Buddhist philosophy) seems to be untrue, which is a shame because in my opinion Karma is a beautiful thing.

Prefecdt: I hear you on that one...agree entirely!

Adrian Hardhand said...

Hello Leia

Karma? While some arseholes may experience instant comeuppance for their rottenness, many of them get their comeuppance in the next. Trungpa had the best line. Surveying a cloud of mosquitos at one of his evening talks, he observed: "Mosquitos. Failed meditators!"

There's lots more I could say, but this isn't the appropriate setting.

Yrs in pervery, Adrian

PallidBust said...

Stand-up comedian Brian Regan dislikes the phrase, "Well, one thing led to another and..."

Then he pretends to read a book on stage.

"Adolf Hitler was rejected from art school. Well, one thing led to another, and the United States of America dropped two nuclear bombs on the Empire of Japan."

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...