Sunday 13 September 2009

Crunch time

I apologise for my lack of spanking news. Truth is, apart from my private life I have been getting or getting involved in any spanking action. The reason? Simple. And it is certainly not because I have gone off it (that would be ridiculous!). The only reason is that I am preparing to submit my PhD. This is to be done by the end of the month. Now many people have supported me through this, especially those that helped when I wanted to give up because I did not believe I was good enough. I thank those who were there for me, I know who you are. I am now submitting not because I believe I am good enough but because I want to find out. I can no longer change the outcome. I will either be good enough, or not.

8 comments:

MarQe said...

Best of Luck with this Leia !!!

MarQe x

Lancisto said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lancisto said...

and good luck from me.

Either way, I am sure your man will translate it into a good hiding ;o)

Adrian Hardhand said...

Hello Leia

A Phul of Dung is simply the qualification needed for certain jobs. It doesn't imply that the bearer is perticularly enlightened.

FWIW, a friend helped me begin getting grants ey explaining that the first paragraph needs to contain three "gotchas," things that get a reader to exclaim "Uh ha." He explained that reviewers rarely read the whole thing, but they nearly always read the first paragraph, so if they like it, you're home free. Worth bearing in mind for the preamble to your dissertation.

The very best of luck.

Yrs in pervery, Adrian

SPANKEDHORTIC said...

From what I've seen and heard of you, the evidence indicates that you are not merely well educated but naturally very bloody clever. Obtaining another qualification or not would would be no indication of your personal abilities or worth.

Having said that, I still hope that you get the PhD.

Prefectdt

idlethoughts said...

Leia
All the best you are undoubtedly bright enough, i have no doubt you will be successful.
Take care
Paul

Anonymous said...

It is, by any measure, an achievement to obtain a higher degree. Soldier on in any circumstance. If the doctorate does not come your way this time, then continue until it does. You were born good enough.

Adrian Hardhand said...

Hello Leia

Rereading my earlier note I see that it was gratuitously negative. My reason: While getting PhD is by no means a walk in the park, I think of you as someone incomparably higher, an artist. Trudging academics don't even live in the same universe.

Beauty vs. Reason is one way of looking at it. I'll take Beauty every time.

And, of course, your spanking prewsence does inhabit the same universe.

Yrs in pervery, Adrian

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...