Sunday 12 September 2010

Autumnal sun in my garden

I woke up to a beautiful morning for my day of domesticity.  The leaves in the garden are just beginning to turn and the birds were singing in the trees (yes in my part of London it can still seem quite bucolic at times).  There is of course only one thing for it when the head soars and aches for natural beauty.  Vaughan Williams Lark Ascending.  I am still listening to it (for the third time) while I post this.  It is a highly popular piece that I am sure you have all heard, but just in case you have not or do not have a copy, here is a link:


Enjoy folks.  Preferably high up on the hills where there is not another person to be seen for miles.  Quite what has brought this mood on I am not sure, but I think myself and my ipod (with much Vaughan Williams on it) should go for a walk up on the Heath.  

Until later, when I hope to come back to Earth and post more about spanking exploits.

2 comments:

Kaelah said...

Since I don't listen to classical music very often, I have to admit that I didn't know this beautiful piece of music. Now I've just listened to The Lark Ascending while sitting in front of my computer. Thanks for sharing! I hope you had a wonderful walk, I'm sure it sounds even better while one is surrounded by nature on a beautiful day at the end of summer... :-)

Leia-Ann Woods said...

So very glad you enjoyed it. It is truly my favourite piece of music.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...